Monday 28 September 2015

Oh, now it's on!

Blogging legend


  1. Check out the #edblognz blogroll as often as possible and comment on as many posts as you can to help encourage a critical and supportive NZ edu-blogging community.
  2. Write a blog post about why you blog professionally and some of the things you blog about. Share it using the #EdBlogNZ hashtag so the newbies can get further ideas to blog about.
  3. Write a blog post about your favourite movie/song/piece of art including how it relates to your life as an educator.

    2. I blog professionally, when I remember and when I can, to help me reflect on my practice. It also helps sometimes to write down how I feel about the challenges and triumphs of my day. I hope to be able to look back on these posts and see how far I've come as a professional and as a person. 

    3. My favourite movie/song/piece of art? I have too many to list, so perhaps that's my post... 
    I have an eclectic taste in all things and that's part of my teaching philosophy too. It takes many approaches to suit the many learners I have in my care. 
    Music? I listen to all sorts - classical, R&B, Alt. Rock, D&B, Trance/Rave/Ambient, Dubstep, Dub, Country, Pop... it all depends on my mood. Just as my approach in the classroom depends on my mood, the learners, their moods, the topic, the lesson, the learning objectives. It's a moveable feast and I have to be ready to move with it. Be adaptable and flexible. It's not my way or the highway. It's whatever way we need to take to get to the destination (and the destination can change too!)
    Movies? I have MANY favourites - Bladerunner, Dune, Gallipoli, The Dam Busters, Notting Hill (there, I wrote it), LOTR/Hobbit, Aliens, Good Will Hunting, The Good Shepherd, About Time, Twilight - Breaking Dawn (yes, I wrote that one down, too!) ... the list continues. Again, it depends on my mood and how long it's been since I last saw it. Unlike my music, I can't really revisit a movie too soon after first seeing it (usually). So it is with my teaching. Or so it is becoming. I have less tolerance for the 'tried and true' and often go off-script now. You guessed it - it all depends on the learners and the moment.
    Art? The same applies here - Impressionist, cubist, gothic, abstract, realist, graffiti, modernist. Turner, Van Gogh, Dali, da Vinci, Picasso, Renoir, Warhol, Chagall, Banksy. Any and all, depending on my mood and the moment.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment